Carpets add extra beauty to the interiors of your house. They not only make your house look beautiful but also provide a soft ground to walk on. Carpets help in keeping you warm during winters. The maintenance of the carpets is very important in order to keep your home attractive. You should know some tips and tricks to keep your carpets clean and fresh. Read this blog and get to know some advice’s and secrets on how to keep your carpet clean:
Advice’s and Secret’s on How to Keep your Carpet Clean Are:
- Always Blot, Never Rub – Carpets are prone to all kinds of stains and spills. But the trick of keeping your carpets clean for a long time lies in the way you clean the stains. Never rub the stains as rubbing the stains causes spreading of the stains into the fibres of the carpet. Blotting ensures the liquid stain gets absorbed into the cloth and there will not be further damage to the rest of the carpet. Make sure you blot the stain from outwards to inwards.
- Baking Soda – This is one of the best secret ingredients that is found in everybody’s house. Baking soda works wonders in case of pet accidents. Spraying of baking soda liberally over the carpet helps to reduce urine stains and the smell caused by pets. It also improves the discolouration caused by urine stains.
- Rubbing Alcohol – This is a secret ingredient that is always available in the first aid kit of your house. Rubbing alcohol is the best nail polish stain remover. But the only advice we give is, wait until the nail polish dries. Chip off the dried part of the nail polish as much as you can. Then blot dry the remaining stain with a cloth containing rubbing alcohol solution until the nail polish dissolves and gets absorbed by the cloth.
- Shaving Cream – Lighter coloured carpets are prone to the accumulation of dirt and dust. Such dirt patches that come from high traffic and careless accidents can be removed with the help of shaving cream. Shaving cream removes all kinds of dust patches and makes your carpet more fluffy. Basically, shaving cream is considered to be the anti-ageing cream of carpets. It cleans your carpet and makes it look fresh as before.
- Ice – It may sound weird but ice has many benefits. Ice helps to get rid of sticky hard substances such as chewing gums, candies, caramel, etc. If you have kids at home, you have probably come across chewing gums stuck in all the places of your house. The trick to removing them is to grab a few ice cubes and let them sit for a minute or two onto the gum. The gum will freeze immediately and you can easily remove it by scraping it off with a spoon or butter knife. Deep cleaning the carpets after this may help in keeping the fibres clean.
Along with all these methods, we recommend deep cleaning your carpets every now and then. You must schedule deep carpet cleaning at least twice a year. Carpets must be steam cleaned in order to prolong their life. Follow the tips and tricks given in this blog and you will have a clean and neat carpet.
Hire Professionals for Carpet Cleaning
Marks Carpet Cleaning is one of the best carpet cleaning service providers in the carpet cleaning industry. We use the latest tools and techniques to clean your carpets. We are known for providing all kinds of carpet cleaning services under a single roof. Our company is known for being the most reliable and trusted agency in Point Cook. Book with us to avail of expert carpet cleaning in Point Cook services by our professional cleaners.