Oil stains on the carpet look like a disaster to any homeowner. They actually are the one. Removing oil stains from the carpets is the frustrating and trickiest thing. Carpet cleaning itself is an arduous task, and an oil stain on the carpet makes it the cherry on the top. Okay, that’s a wrong phrase for the scenario, but we have the right solution for you. Here we have compiled some of the best methods to remove those tough oil stain off your carpet.
Things You will Need During the Cleaning Process
- Paper Towels/ Newspapers
- Dishwashing Liquid
- Vacuum Cleaners
- Sponge/ soft cloth
Best Methods For Oil Stain Removal From Carpet
- Baking Soda/ Corn Starch
- Rubbing Alcohol
Baking Soda/ Corn Starch
- Spread the baking soda or cornstarch evenly onto the oil stain on the carpet.
Baking soda and cornstarch are the excellent absorbents and will soak up excess oil from the carpeting. They extract the oil stain without damaging the carpet fibers. Make sure to cover the entire stained area for the complete extraction of oil.
- Rub whichever absorbent you are using into the carpeting. Don’t be too gentle or too harsh, apply enough pressure to perforate substance into the carpet fibers.
- Let the absorbent sit onto the carpeting for 15-20 minutes, so, oil is soaked up from the carpet completely and no moisture is left behind. Then, vacuum the absorbent substance from the carpet. Give a thorough vacuum to the carpet to make sure there is no residue left.
- Pour a small amount of dishwashing soap on the stained area and give it a nice rub with the help of a brush. Then add a small amount of water to the treated area and blot the soap solution using a sponge or clean cloth.
- Let the carpet dry completely, and if you can still see the oil stain, repeat the process once again.
- Apply a little amount of rubbing alcohol to a cloth or a paper towel, and press it on the stained area. Handle rubbing alcohol with care, as it is flammable and toxic in nature. Don’t use it on the Professional Carpet Cleaning when the kids and pets are around.
- After dabbing the alcohol into the carpeting, allow it to dry completely.
- Rinse the treated area with water, once the stain has dried and removed completely. This is an important step, as it is necessary to remove the residue of rubbing oil from the carpet.
When To Call A Professional?
Oil stains belong to the family of stubborn stain and take some extra efforts to vanish away. If you are not sure that any DIYs can actually bring the desired results, calling a professional is the best idea. DIYs never guarantee you a complete spot removal, but professional carpet cleaners do. Marks Carpet Cleaning is one of the best carpet cleaning services providers in Australia offering world-class services with high-end results. We know the best techniques for oil and other stubborn stains removal from the carpet. We also offer same day carpet cleaning services and are also available in emergency cases. We are available 24*7 in your service so Contact Us or send us your message for Best Carpet Cleaning Services.